Caring For Your Vehicle Graphics: How To Remove Scuffs And Scratches
Maintaining your vehicle graphics can be a tricky endeavor. You want to keep them looking fresh and new, but often they can become scuffed or scratched due to regular wear and tear. But don’t worry, with a few simple techniques you can restore your vehicle graphics to their original condition.
At More Than Words Sign Solutions, we undertake the design and application process for vehicle graphics. Over the years we have come to understand that, when maintained well, vehicle graphics can last for a long time. Therefore, it is important to look into its maintenance. Take a look at what you can do at your end to remove scuffs and scratches when it comes to your vehicle.
- First off, it’s important to understand the type of material your vehicle graphics are made from. Vinyl wraps are typically made from either a cast or calendared vinyl, which have different properties and require different care methods. Cast vinyl is a thicker material and is more durable against scratches and scuffs, while calendared vinyl is thinner and more prone to damage.
- Once you’ve identified the type of material, you’ll need to clean the area around the scratch or scuff to ensure there’s no dirt or dust on the surface. This can be done with a mild soap and water solution, or a specialized cleaner made specifically for vehicle graphics. Make sure to not use any form of cleaner that contains harsh chemicals. If you do, it could result in damaging the vehicle graphics.
- Once the area is clean, you’ll want to use a very fine-grade sandpaper or rubbing compound to lightly sand the affected area. This step is essential to remove any debris that may be embedded in the surface of the graphics.
- Then, use a microfiber cloth or cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol or acetone to remove any excess dirt or dust. Make sure to apply the cloth or swab in a circular motion. This will help to ensure the surface is completely clean and free of any residue.
- Finally, you’ll want to use a wax or sealant to protect the vehicle graphics from further damage. This will also help to restore the original shine and vibrancy of the graphics.
Caring for your vehicle graphics can help to ensure they look their best for a longer period. If you are looking for guidance or design solutions, contact us today.Back